We are seeking a Care Assistant to join our dynamic and caring team at Abbey Court. You must be committed and passionate in your clinical practice, you will also need to be knowledgeable in the standards expected within this framework and driven to deliver the highest standard of care.
Purpose of the role
- To provide and maintain a high standard of individualised care and comfort allowing the quality of life of the Service Users to be maximised in a caring, supportive and friendly environment
- To work closely as a team member with other members of staff on duty
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high standard of care and comfort for all Service Users in the Home, with the help of other designations of staff, in line with their individual care plans.
- Assist Service Users where appropriate with all care connected with daily living, including household duties, mobility, dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting and nutrition
- Help promote social activity within the Home and help Service Users to participate in chosen activities in their local community.
- Attending to the laundry of Service Users in a hygienic manner, maintaining a high standard and respect of personal clothing and possessions.
- Maintain good hygiene standards at all times, as per the Home’s policy.
- Report any concerns, worries or ill health of Service Users to the person in charge.
- Provide and participate in activities, and/or outings for the Service User – provide a sense of well-being and maximise quality of life.
- Respect Service Users’ wishes and involve Service Users in their care, allowing them to make choices. Do not always make decisions for them without their knowledge or agreement and involve them closely with their care.
- Offer any suggestions to the Manager which may improve the service given or efficiency of the Home.
- Maintain good relationships with relatives and be courteous to all visitors by making them feel welcome in the Home.
- Do not undertake any duty of which you are unsure or have not had prior permission/instruction from the person in charge or outside body.
- Be aware of all the policies and procedures within the Home and ask if unsure.
The above key result areas are considered to be a broad representation and not necessarily a comprehensive list. Additional responsibilities will be agreed from time to time as the needs of the Home dictate. Any major variation to the key tasks will be the subject of discussion and agreement between the post holder and the Management.