We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our dynamic and caring team at Abbey Court. You must be committed and passionate in your clinical practice, you will also need to be knowledgeable in the standards expected within this framework and driven to deliver the highest standard of care.
Purpose of the role
- To promote professional, clinical, administrative and financial arrangements, training and care planning within the Home.
- Maintain and monitor the health and well-being of the service user group.
- Manage the property to prevent untoward neglect of furnishings and fitments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Individual Service User Care
- To participate in evaluating, formulating and application of nursing care via a named carer system within the home.
- Prepare and give reports to other members of staff.
- Be responsible for communication and liaison with each client’s GP, appraising them of the Service User’s condition when on duty and to report any changes to your line Management.
- Ensure Service Users and their families are kept informed of the Service User’s condition, encourage families to be involved with the Service User’s life and promote good relationships.
- Promote continuity of care by close interaction with all staff, fostering good working relationships.
- Monitor the standard of care provision within the framework of the Home’s philosophies and goals and the nursing agenda.
- Ensure that the needs of the Service Users and their carers are met by means of effective communication between staff, Service Users, carers and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Be prepared to be on-call should the need arise; this means being available at the end of a telephone during a specified period of time.
- Be responsible for ensuring all staff on duty are working to a high standard.
- Maintain professional competence in accordance with the NMC codes of conduct and standards.
Managing the Environment
- Maintain Service User Confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure the Home and Service Users belongings are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure complete and adequate records are kept when on duty of all accidents, following procedure, and communicate their outcomes and reviews effectively.
- To be fully aware of all policies and procedures within the Home and ensure their implementation.
Managing External Factors
- Promote communications and good relationships within all aspects of the care home.
- Read and be familiar with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and its subsequent regulations.
The above key result areas are considered to be a broad representation and not necessarily a comprehensive list. Additional responsibilities will be agreed from time to time as the needs of the Home dictate. Any major variation to the key tasks will be the subject of discussion and agreement between the post holder and the Management.