Valid NMC pin is required.
We are seeking a Registered Mental Nurse / Registered General Nurse on nights to join our dynamic and caring team at The Maple Care Home. You must be committed and passionate in your clinical practice. You will also need to be knowledgeable in the standards expected within this framework and driven to deliver to the highest standard of care.
Salary – competitive and subject to experience.
Purpose of the Role
- To provide and maintain a high standard of individualised care and comfort allowing the quality of life of the Service Users to be maximised in a caring, supportive and friendly environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support service users with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices enabling them to take control of their own lives, increasing independence.
- Ensure all personal care tasks are carried out in line with the needs, wishes and preferences of the individual, following the care plan.
- Ensure the security of the building and the safety of the service users living in the Home.
- To be flexible and responsive at all times and to meet the changing needs of the service and the service users.
- Work with individuals to promote healthy lifestyle by liaising with local healthcare professionals.
- Provide leadership to the team and ensure good team working.
- At each shift ensure staff complete all necessary paperwork (including handover) to an acceptable standard to sign off.
- Ensure risk assessments are actioned as necessary, in line with policies and procedures.
- Motivate, support and mentor the staff when needed.
The above is considered to be a broad representation and not necessarily a comprehensive list. Additional responsibilities will be agreed from time to time as the needs of the Home dictate. Any major variation to the key tasks will be the subject of discussion and agreement between the post holder and Management.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time