We are seeking PT Care Assistants – ‘Twilight’ shift – working evenings from 6/7pm to 11pm/midnight.
Range of shifts and hours per week: 2 – 6 evenings on a rota basis – 10 – 30 hours.
This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic and caring team at Abbey Court Care and Nursing Home. You must be committed and passionate, reliable and friendly, and determined and driven to deliver the highest standard of care.
Abbey Court is a passionate, people driven home. We challenge boundaries, think ‘outside of the box’ and strive to make our residents’ dreams come true… And we share that and the life of our home around the country, (and the world) on social media! We are a proud of what we do – where we lead, others follow.
Purpose of the Role
- To provide and maintain a highest standard of person centred care and comfort enabling the quality of life of our residents to be maximised in a caring, supportive and friendly team and environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high standard of care and comfort for all residents in the Home, with the help of other designations of staff, in line with their individual care plans.
- Assist residents where appropriate with all care connected with daily living, including household duties, mobility, dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting and nutrition.
- Help promote social activity within the Home and help residents to participate in chosen activities in their local community.
- Support residents in all matters of hygiene, maintaining a high standard and respect of personal clothing and possessions.
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and infection control at all times, as per the Home’s policy.
- Report any concerns, worries or ill health of residents to the person in charge.
- Provide and participate in activities, and/or outings for the residents – provide a sense of well-being and maximise quality of life.
- Respect resident wishes and involve them in their care, allowing them to make choices and define their own lives in every possible respect.
The above key result areas are considered to be a broad representation and not necessarily a comprehensive list. Additional responsibilities will be agreed from time to time as the needs of the Home dictate. Any major variation to the key tasks will be the subject of discussion and agreement between the post holder and Management.
Fantastic opportunities for career development and progression, ongoing personal and professional development and to be part of a terrific and ambitious team!
Our home provides attentive, dignified and loving care to a wide range of residents, including those who stay with us on a residential basis, to those who are experiencing dementia, have nursing needs, and some who maybe facing the last leg of their journey.
Experience welcome but not essential as comprehensive excellent training can be given… Commitment, empathy, a calm patience, determination, consistent reliability, ‘can do’ attitude, attention to detail and a sense of humour all essential!
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Events
- Discounted or Free Food
- On-site Parking
- Sick Pay
- Store Discounts
- Monday to Friday
We operate the absolute highest standards of infection control and protection for all our residents and staff team – including ample and appropriate PPE always available, training, support and leadership.
- Leek ST13 6NF (Preferred)